so i just got back from listening to Rigoberta Menchu Tum speak. she is the owner of a little known award. its nothing big, its called the nobel peace prize. anyways she spoke today and my class went to that instead of actual class and she said something that really rang true to me. one particular one i will share. i don't know the exact word but it went something like this
"Religion and Spirituality are not always connect. There are many religious people who have no spirituality; There are many spiritual people who are not religious."
I really really really like that.
the end
-neil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
nice
oh yeah, we talked about that last night. look at you, you blog machine
I like it, but you forgot to mention the bit you told me about.. You know, the whole "keep your mother's name." yeah.
well its not really anything i cared for... so i didn't write about it... it makes sense in my mind.
This reminds me of a discussion that we had in Health class concerning spirituality and health.
Spirituality is all about having a purpose. Until that class, I really didn't realize that.
Then I realized that I'm a really spiritual person, which I would've never thought before. crazy.
Love,
Berto
Post a Comment