so i've been contemplating what exactly i want to do with my life and that is some thing that is still very up in this point. do i wish every day that i was a talented enough musician to have a killer band that tours world wide. yes i think about that all the time. i have my dream rig memorized and know how much it will cost. i also know that only someone with balls of steal or no brain puts all their plan for the future into something as sketchy as being a professional musician. but at the same time if i got an record deal that moved me closer to that i'd drop out of college instantly. seeings how that is probably never going to happen i'll just keep working my way to whatever my future may be. i also know i want to learn how to be a recording engineer. at this point thats where my life seems headed and i'm totally excited about that. as the others in pfh can attest to i love trying different mic positions and tweaking this and that to see how it changes the sound. thats probably why we only go one song recorded on our own.
random music oriented goals i have.
1. go on tour (in a band or as the guitar tech or merch guy)
2. record a full length album (hopefully this summer)
3. learn how to run all the gear in a studio
4. open for a signed touring band that i like or respect
5. be the singer in band (high falsettos and low growls best vocal combination ever? haha)
thats about all i've got for now
-neil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
lofty goals.
but i'm impressed.
good luck man
Go for it.
I'm pretty sure I want to be a recording engineer too, if I don't end up in a band. haha. We should just own a recording studio together later.
What I think about your goals:
1. Me too.
2. Me too.
3. Me too.
4. Me too.
5. Not so much, but I think it'd be cool to do the Aaron and drum and sing backups. And yes, that is the best combination ever. Protest has it right.
Love,
Berto
Haha, I've always thought it would be fun to be the merch girl for a band I really love :)
Enjoy.
Post a Comment