FINALLY!!!!!
a good show. ahhhh. I'm almost euphoric right now. ATD played our show of 2008 today, actually yesterday, but anyways it was awesome. It was at new song underground which might be my favorite venue to have played at. The sound on stage wasn't your typical sound but one i could get used to. So the down low on this place is that its in a little underground off shoot building of some church on the corner of 900 south and 800 east anyways the place is actually underground. so the set up is totally minimal. i'll link the main website for anyone who cares. So the sound man Dan who runs everything is just a little nerdy balding man but the guy rocks he recorded our set and we only asked him to do it 30 minutes before the show started and he recorded in audacity which is the worst recording program ever. So he does a quick mix and 30 minutes after the last band plays and he's got our live demo done and all the highs that were cutting out killed off. So its pretty middy tonal but it sounds great and this all for $10. i was blown away. So the band that invited us to play was The Blackhounds. They are good friends with landon and so they invited us to play but anyways they were really really cool dudes and i enjoyed the set they played. Everyone should check those guys out. Well I'm gonna go to bed now. Berto is totally the coolest guy ever for coming to all ATDs gig shitty ones included.
-neil
p.s. PFH is almost certainly playing a show somewhere in between Christmas and January 11 so everyone should come to that.
http://newsongunderground.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/weareblackhounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats man. Reading this totally makes me want to write some music and spread some joy! I'll have to come to one of your shows sometime
:) I <3 ATD... but mostly just Neil :) Sorry I couldn't come... :(
Hell yeah, I'm cool.
I just enjoy supporting my friends in what they do.
You guys played a really good show this time, for sure. They best one I've seen.
And isn't New Song Underground like your new favorite place? It was a way cool atmosphere and they're really nice.
Oh, and the Blackhounds were awesome, everyone should definitely check them out.
That's all.
Love,
Berto
Post a Comment